"SHOULD I TRY TO FIGHT THIS FIRE?"
BEFORE you begin (or even consider) fighting a fire:
- Call the Fire Department (Dial 911).
- Make sure the building is being evacuated.
- Determine whether the fire is small and is not spreading.
- Confirm you have a safe path to an exit not threatened by the fire.
- Know how to use a fire extinguisher.
NEVER fight a fire if even one of the following is true:
- The fire is spreading beyond the immediate area in which it started or is already a large fire.
- The fire could block your escape route.
- You are unsure of the proper operation of the extinguisher.
- You doubt that the extinguisher you are holding is designed for the type of fire at hand or is
- large enough to fight the fire.